Hi, I’m Ellie McLeod (she/her) and welcome to my education portfolio. This is a place for me to document some of my learning as I journey through the UVic PDPP program. I’ve spent most of my life living and learning as a settler on unceded lək̓ʷəŋən (Lekwungen) territories, but have also spent formative time on unceded Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), Tsleil-Waututh, and xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam) territories in Vancouver, unceded W̱SÁNEĆ and Hul’qumi’num territories on S,DÁYES (North Pender Island), and on unceded Nuxalk territories in Bella Coola. During my undergraduate degree at UVic, I studied Earth and Ocean Sciences, Geography, and Indigenous Studies, a combination largely inspired by the land I live on and a desire to learn more about my role and responsibilities as a settler on it. During my degree, I became particularly interested in the intersections of these disciplines and their place within environmental and sustainability education. With this interest in environmental education, a love for spending time with kids outside, and the lifelong inspiration of my passionate and enthusiastic educator-mum, I landed here, in the teacher-education program. I’m excited to be here at the beginning of my journey learning to teach!